We my wife son daughter-inlaw and two grandsons aged 5 and 3 years) are planning to have a vacation in Srinagar (Kashmir).
We are planning to start our Journey from Jammu Tawi on 14th June and from there we would head to Srinager by road.
As this is the 1st time we are going to kashmir we would like to visit all the major places of interest there.
Initially I thougth to go to srinagar by my own self driven car but it seems that the journey would be too long and that we would also waste 2 days one reaching to Jammu and One Coming Back From Jammu.
Do not wish to Catch flight directly to Srinager as we would miss the scenic beauty of the area.
Please help me in finalising my plans :
1. Days in Hand between 8 to 12
2. Budget No as such Budget allocated as yet
3. Hotel Preference : No Hi Fi Hotel, Just nice Bed and Breakfast Type.
4. Travelling – by car which should be on our disposal throught from pick up to dropping at Jammu Railway Station.
Would also like to have an idea from fellow imer’s that what should be my Travel Schedule so that the trip could be a memorable one.
Some further questions are :
1. What budget should I consider for the Trip.
2. Are plenty of Taxis available, is there a relaible type of a car rental provider in Jammu or Srinager who can be contacted. what would be the approximate cost of hiring a Taxi for a day.
3. What should be our Travel plans for Road Trip from Jammu to Srinager, where to stop, where to eat and which Hotel to Stay.
4. Which all destination should we go. and which area are safe in Srinagar.
5. Can someone provide the telephone number of some good hotel in Patni top, Srinager, Jammu, Pahagaon, Gulmarg, Boat House, Driver/ Taxi wala, and ofcourse a guide, to get best of the rip.
Any Suggestions/ Amendment and advice would be greatly appreciated.
K.S. Mani Tripathi