I am back from almost a week of wandering up and around the Konkan coast from Mangalore to Madgaon. Which of course, explains my absence from this blog. But, I am back with many stories that should give me lots of posts over the next few days.
Here is a sneak preview. The people I met over the week include:
- The banker who dumped a promising international banking career to become a farmer in the highest peak in Karnataka..
- An engineer who gave himself up to his passion for photography and who is filming India’s first digital photography movie..
- A singer/contemporary of Remo who was part of all the recent history of Goa – from the Portugese defeat to the retreat of the hippes..
- A fascinating Estonian who can’t figure out why Indians never say ‘I don’t know’, but say ‘her husband expired’…
- Olga from Barcelona, who does knock-out Spanish food at Ingo’s…
and so many more.
Watch this space. It gets interesting.